Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What are you saying to yourself?

The traffic light system is great to use when you are with others, but why not try it on yourself?

Most of us have self talk - no not those voices in your head that make you do crazy things! But a voice that will tell you that you were stupid to do this or silly for not doing that. This is a normal voice.

What does your voice say? I know mine used to tell me how stupid I was when I did something wrong, or sometimes it said good things, for example when I was drunk I found my inner voice asking if this is what a great life coach does? That soon put me on the straight and narrow!

So what is what your inner voice telling you? Stop and listen to it. So many times are inner voices say negative things to us (sometimes good to protect ourselves), however start saying nice things to yourself. Compliment yourself for a job well done, or when you resisit temptation to eat more or have another drink or cigarette.

As humans we seem to be conditioned for failure, when something goes right we seem to be amazed and stunned, wow that actually worked!

I want you to listen to your inner voice and begin to become more positive.

Try that for the next few days, you will be amazed at how many negative things you say to yourself. We'll explore the idea of negative exposure again tomorrow

Till then keep on keepin' on!

Richard Butler
The Success Coach

No comments: