Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cheer Up Charlie

Cheer Up Charlie, sings Charlies Mom in Willie Wonka and The Chocolate Factory. I was watching that movie again, well my little one loves it and I have to say I like it too.

But there's a lot of good morals in it. Charlie is determined, like so many he's the outsider, the one struggling but always dreams, always says why not, why can it not be me. He's determined, he knows he has an outside chance, a week chance but he still goes for it. He does not give up and guess what he gets the golden ticket

Then of course he wins the factory, only after heartache of perhaps loosing it. If you look closely at the movie you'll see loads of great motivational messages.

For me I think the message is never give up, if you have a dream don't ever think it will not happen. Always believe it will. You know you never loose in this life until you give up. Once you give up you've lost.

I think people get down etc, because they don't see the big picture. They see shorten benefits and gains rather than understanding the long term picture. We all want instant gratification however so many of us forget the big picture.

Instant gratification is something that is all too common online. Make money with 12 hours of buying this product etc. It does not happen. We need to have goals, we need to have time to think about our plans, in fact we need to have plans.

So what's your plan? What's your big picture?

Leave me a comment, or get in touch

Richard

1 comment:

gdixonfitness said...

I totally agree bro!